fxKnight
Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 02:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Knight Daily Trading Report is out! http://j.mp/DailyKnight

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Sponsored Links

The views and opinions expressed in the website links above or resources below are not controlled by the Referring Broker,
fx Knight.com or the FCM, nor are they responsible for the availability, content, or delivery of said services.

Trading in the global financial markets involves a high level of risk - please review our Risk Warning and Terms of Use.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Templates are Here!  (Read 24330 times)

Click to save 10% off our award-winning Pro Training program!
Black Knight
Administrator
Diamond Contributor

Mitakuye Oyasin

« on: Friday, August 14, 2009 - 17:28 »

Hey everyone...

For those who are not part of our Pro group, I wanted to share a sneak peek at our newest set of charting templates and custom indicators.  Keep in mind, these are available for free to all Pro subscribers and brokerage clients.  For more information on our Pro services, please see http://www.fx-knight.com/pro.html

For further info on how some of our custom indicators differ from their regular versions, please see http://fx-knight.com/smForum/index.php?topic=747.msg4090#msg4090

« Last Edit: Friday, January 20, 2012 - 12:24 by Black Knight » Logged
rbs

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 23:41 »

I downloaded these templates.   However, I do not see the "training wheels" on the charts.  How can I get them to show on the chart?

Thanks in advance!
Barron
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 01, 2010 - 00:00 »

Hey rbs

Just double click on the tunnel of fives and go to the inputs tab and scroll down and you will see them, they are marked as false but just click in to them and change it to true and they should appear

Hope it helps
rbs

« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 01, 2010 - 11:01 »

Barron, thank you. 

This is a dumb question:  What do the symbols mean?

The Knight said in a video that we need to practice many trades before going live.  I would like to review these signals to see how they worked in a kind of a back test.
Barron
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 01, 2010 - 16:13 »

Hey rbs

I hope this chart explains the meanings of the symbols

Best of luck Smiley

Barron

* ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 01 15.04.gif (173.87 KB, 1600x1168 - viewed 2178 times.)
rbs

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 13:05 »

Thanks, Barron, but I need further clarification.

What do the red arrows and dots mean?   What do the green arrows and dots mean?  What do the yellow "X's mean?

Is there a document explaining this.  I am still confused.
Barron
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 13:26 »

Hey rbs

Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

The Green arrows indicate that price has opened outside the tunnel of fives and that it could be a potential long entry, the green dots are indicating that price is continuing to close outside the tunnel of fives and that it is relatively safe to stay in the trade.

The red arrows are to indicate that price opened outside the tunnel of fives and a potential short entry, the red dots indicate that price continued to close outside the tunnel of fives and it is relatively safe to stay in a short position.  The Yellow "X" tells you that price closed inside the tunnel of fives and you may want to consider getting out of the trade.

I hope that this can clear up any remaining confusion

All the best

Barron
rbs

« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 04, 2010 - 12:16 »

So far so good with these 'training wheels'. 

These charts can be very busy and difficult to read.  These markers really help, especially in enabling me to stay in a position even if a candle looks bad. 

In four "trades" +60 pips and 5 cents in silver today.  There is still much to work on.
Black Knight
Administrator
Diamond Contributor

Mitakuye Oyasin

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 03:29 »

Hi rbs,

I should also mention that these arrows are not meant to be "signals".  At the present time they are only doing a conditional check on two of our indicators - the Tunnel of 5s, and the 21 EMA - making sure that price is on the correct side of both to get in, stay in, and get out.

A true signal would then check with other indicators for confirmation, vary those indicators based upon current market conditions, as well also checking for the presence of a trend and its directional bias on a higher timeframe.  This is why I call them "training wheels" and not "signals" - they are meant to help you develop discipline to act on your analysis, perhaps also helping fine-tune your timing... but they will not replace analysis.

Besides back-testing, make sure you also devote plenty of time to forward-testing on a demo account prior to risking live money.  Back-testing has no emotional factor, and a trader's ability to execute the system is every bit as important to the final outcome as the system itself.  Having them all on can crowd a chart - this is why we have them off by default in the template, allowing you to switch on as many or as few as you need for the skills you are currently focusing on improving.

Have fun!   Wink
Black Knight
Administrator
Diamond Contributor

Mitakuye Oyasin

« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 20, 2012 - 15:15 »

Now you can trade visually & intuitively right from your MT4 charts, simply by clicking and dragging lines to adjust your stops and targets.  Stay focused on what's important... managing your trades.

http://j.mp/yh6Qju
Len

« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 27, 2012 - 18:03 »

Hi BK, as you know, i love this EA''' Cheesy
Was wondering if its possible to add one extra feature for pending orders...to make that line also dragable to change the buy stop, sell stop entry etc.?
May be too much trouble but thought i would ask.
Thanks, Len
Black Knight
Administrator
Diamond Contributor

Mitakuye Oyasin

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 02:11 »

Well, it would take some work, but it's a great idea - well worth looking into!
MikSax
Silver Contributor

skype - miksaxfxstudent

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012 - 12:45 »

Hi Len and BK, I asked the creator of a similar EA the same thing about a year ago, he was too busy too look into it then.
I been using it for about a year now, its been a great help, especially trading short timeframes when stops need to be moved rapidly.
I also removed the ticketnumber and SL text from the lines and now displaying only the pips. Everything to minimize the clutter on the chart Wink

Trade safely  Grin
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 23:26 by Black Knight » Logged
Black Knight
Administrator
Diamond Contributor

Mitakuye Oyasin

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 23:28 »

Yes, there are definitely complications with modifying existing pending orders (it is more of a cancel & re-place than a "modify", so the code would be different than what we use for stops & targets), but we do have some brilliant coders on our team and it is something I will ask them to look into for a future version - along with self-calibrating pivots (a personal wish).
Michaelkessy
LinoXipete

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 21:14 »

Yo, so are we getting an new forum for the Cave Vehicle Engine given we now have an official announcement and test build?

I recommend trying trading bot for profitable investments
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: